Well, here’s the recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Boil 1/2 a box of ziti in water in a saucepan for 15 minutes or so.
- Drain it really well.
- Put in a large glass casserole – a rectangular one is good.
- Add about a cup and a half of tomato sauce – or some of that new-fangled pasta sauce in a jar – oo
- Sprinkle on some garlic powder, and some herbs if you like them
- Add Ricotta cheese – about a cup (that’s 8 ounces Doris)
- Mix it all up with a fork, making sure there are no lumps of ricotta left hanging about in there.
- Cover the top with as much shredded cheese as you can stand (that’s quite a bit isn’t it Doris? – don’t get carried away).
- Pop it in the oven and leave it there (shut the door on the oven) for about 30 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden brown (not dark brown)
(you can go off and have a read for a bit – you don’t have to watch it cook)
- Put on the stylish oven mitt(s) and take that baby out of there.
- Turn off the oven – we don’t always remember this , but we should – global warming being what it is….
- It’ll be hot at this point if you did it right… be careful when you cut it up.
- Eat it, or if it looks a bit suspect, mail it to a friend. :O
Exotic variations for this:
Add frozen peas or corn or beans to the pasta when you boil it.
Add chopped onions when you add the ricotta
Sprinkle parmesan over the top